Friday, December 5, 2008

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo

Game recognizes game.

When I played little league basketball, the only time I ever received a technical foul was after I blocked a lay-up and gave the guy an obligatory Mutombo finger wave. I did it as a joke, but the ref didn't see it that way.



Mutombo recently opened a hospital in the Democratic Republic of Congo named after his mother Biamba Marie Mutombo. Though he did have to pay several farmers for the land, he also donated 18 million dollars towards the construction. Along with being a 4 time defensive player of the year in the NBA, Deke can speak 5 African languages, French, English, Spanish and Portuguese...although it all sounds the same when he speaks.

One of my favorite basketball players of all time.

No comments: