Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Why Go Hiking When You Can Ride a Jet Boat?"-

-Read a billboard on the way to Fontana, NC on Saturday. Unfortunately I was way too sleepy and way too slow to get a picture of the advertisement.

I got this pic though.


Despite popular belief Park is heterosexual. Also, he is now a certified semi-pro mountain biker... so congratulations are in order, despite his womanly wardrobe.


Went down to Fontana to watch Park compete in a 6-hour mountain biking endurance race. Met a lot of cool people, got some reading done and went swimming to boot. Though in the lead, Park decided to stop riding around hour 4 due to several flat tires, tightness in his legs and the fact that he wasn't having fun. Which raises a question about the idea of competition. If you are a racer, fighter and you aren't having fun; why continue when you've loss interest and there is no team relying on your efforts? I'd rather see my friend end a race prematurely and walk away happy, than continue just for the sake of a race, cramp up on the drive home and kill us both in his 1985 volvo going down a mountain. I do believe that resolve, integrity and the ability to commit are important traits, but a line must be drawn when they are used to one's detriment. Big ups to Skippy Titsworth though:




Saturday wasn't all racing and swimming. We were about a mile from the Fontana Dam, the tallest dam on the east coast. So I set upon this landmark with a digital camera in my hands and G-Unit's new CD "Terminate On Sight" in my ears. Ain't nature grand?


This was shot from the road that traverses on top the dam. I think I need to lay off the force perspective shot for a minute, but you get the idea. This was about the time 50 cent delivered a very important inquiry. "Alllll ABOARD!...bitch don't miss the train. Fifty dat nigga, fuck wrong witcha brain?"


Backside of the dam. Very pretty, very peaceful, very long fall from the top.



The Tennessee River I presume? I often hear people say that hydro electric is the cleanest form of energy. I don't know about that but 50 says "Spin the barrel on a nigga, pin the tail on the donkey. It's a zoo out this bitch, I put a hole in the monkey". It's not an energy policy, but I understand where he is going.



On top the dam. These big ole holes look down the middle of the structure. Not much to see though except some water, bombs and corpses. Not shown: water, bombs, corpses.


Passed a bonsai stand on the way back. If I were a richer man I would have bought one of the smaller plants. Park didn't buy anything either though...so we are both jerks. They guy selling the plants kept referring to "The Karate Kid Show" I remember the movie, but I guess I missed the short lived daytime game show.


Oh yeah, moved to Asheville, NC last week. I'll explain later. Until then take it away Tony Yayo: "Next day it's the GT, stunt off of G.P. Fist full of stones, fingers glowin like E.T"

Lyrics and addition comedic fodder provided by

No comments: