Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pigeon Forge: The Dead Blog

Updating on my 18 hour vacation to Dollywood, I regret to inform you that I was only able to take one picture during my visit.

On my way back, we stopped at Flapjack's Pancake Cabin. I didn't eat a scale model cabin made out of pancakes, but I did eat a lot of blueberries and drink a lot of coffee. Unable to purchase batteries for my digital camera (Tennessee law prohibits the sale of batteries to black people on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays) I started to feel bad that I didn't have any souvenirs of my time in Pigeon Forge excluding the harmonica I bought at the gas station. So while we ate I snapped this picture of Captain Lou Albano's lesser known brother, Ensign Phil Albano, from under the table.


Thus caps my trip to Pigeon Forge/Dollywood/Gatlinburg, Tennessee. If I learned anything from this trip, it is that I need to keep doing new things. Even if that means driving two hours to a tourist trap so shameless that it would make Graceland blush.

Here's to you Cpt. Lou...wherever you are.

No comments: